Skip To Main Content

Menu Close Trigger

Mobile Menu Container


Carl Schurz Elementary building exterior

Carl Schurz School first opened for classes September 1, 1925. The building was formally dedicated October 12, 1925.  In 1980, the campus was remodeled and additional facilities were included. Renovations were made to two buildings in 1997 and 1998, and the K-building was constructed in 1996. Carl Schurz Elementary has been a true neighborhood school for many years.  

We are also a Title 1 campus, serving a population of economically disadvantaged students. Being a Title 1 campus allows us to allocate funds to serve all of our students. Our goal is being proactive when serving students to promote post-secondary readiness and success beyond the child's NBISD career. 

Carl Schurz Elementary focuses on several safety measures to ensure that our students are safe. We have the Raptor system which allows our parents to check in the office and get clearance. We use the Standard Response Protocol for our safety protocols. 

School Hours

7:55 a.m. - 3:25 p.m.

Office Hours

7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.